Solar Organic Rankine Cycle is used for Multi Stage Flash desalination process.
In this sub-blocks:
1. User has the ability to control or specify the environmental conditions such as solar radiation (Is=W/m2).
2. Solar radiation signal colored with orange.
3. Solar ORC is used to generate thermal power for the turbine unit and MSF-BR.The productivity by the MSF-BR would calculate the power load on the Turbine.
4. Physical properties, energy, exergy, cost, and thermoeconomic analyses are calculated.
5. Design parameters are calculated such as areas, flow rates, length, etc. Inputs for a case study example [Nafey & Mabrouk Desalination 194 (2006) 281–296]:Ambient temperature=20oC, Productivity=5000m3/day, Day number=21, PTC Collector high tempertaure=350oC, Turbine inlet condition=300oC, Top brine temperature=110oC, Seawater temperature=27oC, Last stage brine temperature=40oC, Seawater salinity=48.62g/kg, Last stage blow-down salinity=70.9g/kg, No. of stages=20 (17/3)
**Watch the video via:
**MatLab-SimuLink should be used to run the model.
email us for the password (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright © 2007 by Mohamed A. Sharaf Eldean AyoubAll rights reserved. No part of this work may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher (Mohamed A. Sharaf Eldean Ayoub). For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at the address below.
Suez University, Suez EgyptFaculty of Petroleum & Mining EngineeringEngineering Science Deptmohammed.email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
All Rights Reserved
Solar ORC for Multi Stage Flash Desalination & Power Generation
Solar thermal power from PTC field is used to power on ORC via HTO and Toluene. The exhausted steam from turbine unit would power on thermally the MSF-BR desalination plant.